Alter file attributes

siemi1

I have a long list of files for which I would like the change the
modified time stamp. Since they all need a different time stamp and the
number of files is huge (thousands) I need a tool I can run with an
infile, or from a dosprompt. Since I have been busy with some Perl
things, I think it should be possible with Perl. I have searched on
CPAN for a pre cooked script, but was unable to find any.

Would anyone know a script for Perl which allows me to change the
modified date for a file I enter?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Michel

usenet

Would anyone know a script for Perl which allows me to change the
modified date for a file I enter?

It's not a "script" - it's a core function.

perldoc -f utime