Alternative to target="_blank"

Adrienne Boswell

Adrienne, I'll look into the stored procedures as I do want the
db to be as quick as possible. By chance, do you have any
resouces that may be helpful?

Googling for it will give you some good hits, and I found this one to be
pretty good:
http://www.codeproject.com/database/hkstoredproc.asp

One thing to try to stay away from is calling your stored procedures
sp_somename because the server looks through all of its system procedures
first, and that can slow the server down a little. If I were writing a
stored procedure to get a list of images, I might name it GetPics.

Also, be sure not to use SELECT *. Always explicitly list the columns
you want to retrieve in your queries.

Chet

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

Thanks again for the reply Adrienne, I'll definitely checkout the
codeproject.com resource.

I "DO" use the SELECT * in one call, but I use every column in
that. In a case like this, is it better to name all of the
columns?

Thanks again,

Chet

Jonathan N. Little

dorayme said:
You observed someone with 5 years experience who did not know
about a back button? OK, I give up.

Okay I guess there some people so lacking that they need to be told to
breathe, but one can there must must be limit to how much assistance one
is obligated to provide!

Harlan Messinger

Mickey~ said:
Haven't gone that far but have instructed to click on thumbnail to
enlarge. When showing people that, get a big Oh.

Choosing to open a link's destination in a new window is a basic browser
feature that doesn't need to be duplicated by each website. Providing
thumbnails and having them linked to full-size photos is a navigational
feature of a particular site that doesn't duplicate a browser feature
and that needs to be evident to the user.