Altova Mapforce - xml 2 xml map: empty elements output although input element is not empty

Lukas

title:
xml to xml mapping: empty elements output although input element is not
empty

Why is is that when mapping from a XML schema to another XML schema,
when drawing a default connection like this:

| super-source-element |>---------->| super-target-element |>
| source-element |>---------->| target-element |>

the result in the output tab is:

<super-target-element>
<target-element />
</super-target-element>

Please note that the target-element is EMPTY, although in the
input-file that I've set up for the source-schema there is content in
the source element:

<source-element>STUFF</source-element>

I've found that I can force the content to be transferred like so:

_______________
| |> |_______________| >| |>
| s-element |>-------------->|node/row| | |->| t-element |>
| |> _______ |________| | | >| |>
| |> |______ | |________|______| >| |>

producing in the Output tab:

<super-target-element>
<target-element>STUFF</target-element>
</super-target-element>

... but I can't imagine that I'm meant to insert a Nodes/Rows filter for
EVERY SINGLE xml element that I want to map.

What's up with that?

spiff

Hi Lukas,

this is working for me if I try the PersonList.mfd sample. Did you try
this also?

Regards

Lukas

Hi Spiff,

I just had a look at that mapping and found that the crucial difference
between the PersonList example and my mapping was that the schema on
the left hand side in PersonList defines all the mapped simple types
(xs:string) while mine didn't (xs:all).

The absence of a defined simple type apparently keeps Mapforce from
mapping the content. Easy to fix now.

Thanks!

Lukas