An encounter with K&R1

Keith Thompson

Something cool I just saw on reddit.com:
| A few days ago, I was in a local Half Price bookstore. As I looked
| for a reference text on C, I came across a older, thinner version of
| "The C Programming Language". As I assumed, it was and older copy
| of the book.
|
| As I flipped through the pages I noticed that someone had scribbled
| on the title page and I thought how unfortunate to deface such an
| antique. I thought about putting it down especially after I noticed
| that the next page also had some scribbling on it as well.
|
| When I looked at the writing, it occurred to me that it was
| a signature; Kernighan it said. I nearly dropped the book as I
| flipped back to the first page, Ritchie...
|
| I carried the book around the store in disbelief for a few minutes
| and checked the page again and noticed one last detail about the
| book. It was a first run, first edition copy that had been given
| to another famous programmer: Edsger Dijkstra.
|
| The question I have is this:
|
| What do you think it is worth?
|
| What should I do with this book?

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/ajqh8/the_c_programming_language/

Beej Jorgensen

Something cool I just saw on reddit.com:
| I carried the book around the store in disbelief for a few minutes
| and checked the page again and noticed one last detail about the
| book. It was a first run, first edition copy that had been given
| to another famous programmer: Edsger Dijkstra.

Holy moly. I find good stuff from time to time at Half Price Books, but
never anything like that. I hope it wasn't at the one I frequent or I'd
be miffed to have missed it!

-Beej

Frank

Holy moly. I find good stuff from time to time at Half Price Books, but
never anything like that. I hope it wasn't at the one I frequent or I'd
be miffed to have missed it!

I found Tondo and Gimpel's Solutions to K&R2 at the used book store. Money
well spent.