an odd problem with FireBug code influencing the page

Jake Barnes

First of all, I apologize for using Google Groups to post this. I am
on vacation and did not expect to work this week, but an issue came
that I need to attend to, so I am borrowing a friend's computer, and
so I have to use Google Groups to post this question.

Second of all, use IE and go to this page:

http://www.thesecondroad.org/index.php

Does a window appear at the bottom of the page with tabs like "HTML"
and "Console"? Several people have seen this window. It is the window
that I associate with the FireFox plugin "FireBug". FireBug is a very
useful debugging tool and we use it all the time. Normally, to see it,
you have to be using the FireFox browser, and you have to have the
plugin installed. But some people, including myself, are now seeing
this window, even in IE, which should be impossible.

I'm thinking that in some bizzarre way we must have copied the
Javascrip that powers FireBug to the actual page itself. Yet when I
open the page, I don't see any Javascript that I'd associate with
FireBug. Has anyone ever had the problem?

-- lawrence krubner