ANN: BlackAdder V1.0.0

BadJake

BlackAdder is an application development environment that allows
professional and hobbyist programmers alike to produce complex applications
for the Windows and Linux platforms.
BlackAdder brings together the Python programming language, the Qt
graphical user interface (GUI) toolkit, ODBC database connectivity and an
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that includes an editor, a GUI
designer, a debugger and an interactive Python interpreter. BlackAdder
gives the programmer, in a single package, all they need to develop
sophisticated applications.
Key Features
A complete cross-platform Integrated Development Environment for developing
GUI applications in Python. You don't need anything else.
Applications run unchanged under Windows and Linux. Protect your investment
in your development.
Personal and Business Editions. The Business Edition includes optional
support and the rights to distribute the run-time elements with your
application at no extra charge.
A limited functionality, freely available demonstration version can be
downloaded from http://www.totalrekall.co.uk or http://www.rygannon.com
Detailed Features
Organises your Python and Ruby scripts and GUI designs into easy to manage
projects.
An editor that includes highlighting of Python keywords, code folding,
automatic indentation, and user configurable fonts and colors.
An interactive Python interpreter (v2.2.x) that allows you to execute any
Python commands while your application is running.
The Professional version of the Qt GUI toolkit (v3.x) including:
the Canvas module
the Table module
the Database module
QSocket, QServerSocket, and Qhost Address classes from the Network module.
A GUI designer with all the features of Qt Designer and generates Python
code.
A debugger that supports single stepping and breakpoints and the display of
local and global objects in any active Python or Ruby frame.
ODBC database connectivity (using mxODBC v2.0, see
<http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html>).
10mb of PyQt documentation with lots of examples and two tutorials, this is
also available as a stand alone product called PyDoc
All that in a fully integrated IDE environment.
Personal Edition Features
For home use.
Includes Windows and Linux versions.
Optional subscription service to receive updates.
Informal mailing list support.
Business Edition Features
For commercial use.
Includes Windows and Linux versions.
Optional subscription service to receive updates.
Optional formal email support.
Includes the rights to distribute the run-time elements (except mxODBC) with
your application.
BlackAdder Developer Network
The optional subscription service called BlackAdder Developer Network
provides you with up to 4 annual updates of your BlackAdder version. Stay up
to date with the latest updates and improvements with the Developer Network,
available in packages for personal and business use.
Requirements
BlackAdder requires Python version 2.2.x.
Pricing and Availability
BlackAdder Personal
Full Version: $79.99
Black Adder Developer Network Personal: $59.99 per year ($39.99 if purchased
during the Beta period)
BlackAdder Business
Full Version: $399.99
Black Adder Developer Network Business: $299.99 per year ($199.99 if
purchased during the Beta period

Van Gale

Key Features
A GUI designer with all the features of Qt Designer and generates Python
code.

Does this mean the BlackAdder GUI designer can now design other types
interfaces than dialog boxes? Or is Qt Designer + pygui (err.. I forget the
program name exactly) are still required for that?

Van Gale

BadJake

Hi
The name of the program you are looking for is PyQt
And yes, using BlackAdder + PyQt you can design full applications. Qt
Designer only produces a code skelton, so you have to add the feature and
functionality you need.
Why not download the demo and run through the tutorials

Best Regards
John

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=

Will said:
[BadJake]

You usenet posting did look bad to me. It looked like a mess:
amateuristic.

Looked like a copy-and-paste from some web page into an ASCII editor to
me. Which of course doesn't make it any better.
If you want to sell things, you should make even ascii-based postings
look professionally. And don't mention prices in this newsgroup,
give a URI.

Furthermore, I'd excpect an email address with a connection to the
company that offers the product, something like
(e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed) or something like that.
Not some random BadJake with a completely different email address ;-)

-- Gerhard

Neil Hodgson

Gerhard Häring:
Furthermore, I'd excpect an email address with a connection to the
company that offers the product, something like
(e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed) or something like that.
Not some random BadJake with a completely different email address ;-)

I'm interested in what has happened here. Have theKompany sold BlackAdder
to John or has he just taken over selling it? The web site of theKompany
still talks about BlackAdder being beta.

Neil

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=

Neil said:
Gerhard Häring:
Furthermore, I'd excpect an email address with a connection to the
company that offers the product, something like
(e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed) or something like that.
Not some random BadJake with a completely different email address ;-)

I'm interested in what has happened here. [...]

I've written to (e-mail address removed) and recommended they publicly
clarify the issue.

-- Gerhard

Shawn Gordon

Gerhard Häring said:
Neil said:
Gerhard H ring:
Furthermore, I'd excpect an email address with a connection to the
company that offers the product, something like
(e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed) or something like that.
Not some random BadJake with a completely different email address ;-)

I'm interested in what has happened here. [...]

I've written to (e-mail address removed) and recommended they publicly
clarify the issue.

-- Gerhard

John works for us, but BlackAdder isn't the product he works on, and
he had misunderstood internally that when we put out the release
candidate recently that it was the 1.0, the 1.0 will be out in the
next week to 10 days. We had just hired a marketing person last week
as well and there is some further internal confusion as to pointing
things out to her and just doing it. So I'm sorry for any confusion
that might have arisen, you can write to (e-mail address removed) if you
are interested in any information, also if you were to purchase
BlackAdder now, you would get it for the discounted beta price and
then get 1.0 when it is released as part of your purchase (no further
cost), since we are getting very close to that 1.0, the window is
short to enjoy that discount.

Again, sorry for any trouble or confusion that might have been caused.

Shawn Gordon
President
theKompany.com

Will Stuyvesant

[Shawn Gordon]
...We had just hired a marketing person last week
(tries to sell something again)

You need a better marketing person. No, sorry, my price has just gone up.

--
We have not, however, passed out of the Net's magic period. It's still more
potent to say, of some bit of information, "I found it on the Internet," than

BadJake

UK and European sales are being handled by myself and US and the Rest of the
World is handled by theKompany.com
There is nothing untoward happening here it is just a resellers agreement.
If you go to the CCart menu item and make a purchase via PayPal, the money
goes into theKompany.com account. This way I get my resellers commission. If
I was to link to theKompany.com BA page I would get nothing

Regards
John

Lothar Scholz

Nick Vargish said:
Ah, greed.

Let me guess you have never ever were responsible for selling
something and make a living with it. Most vendors have a reseller
program because it is as hard work as writting the software.

BadJake

Hi

I think I should clear up this misunderstanding. Firstly, I work for
theKompany.com. I do not work on BA, but the project I do work on, Rekall,
would be nothing but "yet_another_database_client_frontend" without Python.
The idea of me becoming a reseller came from Shawn Gordon himself. I don't
actually make any extra money, since the PayPal account used on rygannon.com
is actually theKompany.com's PayPal account. The reason for dividing sales
between theKompany.com and Rygannon.com is to reduce Shawn's work load, so
that he can concentate more on maketing and promotion of theKompany's
product line

Regards
John