    === Version 0.2.1 - 2007-08-18

    * fix inability to find windows executables [Bug #13132]

    http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/launchy/

    Jeremy Hinegardner, Aug 18, 2007

  2. Jeremy Hinegardner

    Trans Guest

    From within your ruby code you can trust launchy to do the right
    thing:

    Launchy.do_magic("http://www.ruby-lang.org/")

    When you ultimately add new applications types, how will you be sure
    Launchy does the right thing? What if I did:

    Launchy.do_magic("~/index.rhtml")

    For me "do_magic" seems a little too magic, and as I mentioned before,
    Launchy::Spawnable::Browser a little too long. I understand wanting to
    have a "default" action, though I probably would have just named it
    #open rather then #do_magic, but what do you think of also having
    direct shortcuts like:

    Launchy.browse(...)

    Thanks,
    T.

    Trans, Aug 18, 2007

  3. Yes, probably in hindsight a bad name. Naming things appropriately is one
    of the harder things to. I did this one in a fit of joy. I'm
    probably going to change it.
    I thought about this during this last update and I think I agree with
    you now, so I'll be making a change here. Such a long name for such
    a little class..
    I was originally was thinking in that direction, and hadn't decided if I
    liked it or not. I'll play with it a bit and see how I like it. The
    will probably be another release of launchy later this week.
    Thanks for the feedback.

    enjoy,

    -jeremy

    Jeremy Hinegardner, Aug 20, 2007