ANN: Madeleine 0.7

Anders Bengtsson

What is Madeleine?

"Are you still using a database?"

Madeleine is a Ruby implementation of Object Prevalence:
Transparent persistence of business objects using command
logging and snapshots.

http://madeleine.sourceforge.net/

Hi,

Just figured it was a good time to release all the good stuff I and
Stephen Sykes have been preparing in the Madeleine CVS. YAML marshalling
and snapshot compression should be the highlights for our existing
users.

Madeleine 0.7 (July 23, 2004):

* Broken clock unit test on win32 fixed.
* AutomaticSnapshotMadeleine detects snapshot format on recovery
* Snapshot compression with Madeleine::ZMarshal
* YAML snapshots supported for automatic commands
* SOAP snapshots supported for automatic commands
* Read-only methods for automatic commands

If you're planning to use either YAML or SOAP marshalling, beware that
there are objects and classes that Ruby's own Marshal can handle but
these can't. You will have to try for yourself if your application
works, both to make a snapshot and to read it back, with the marshaller
you want to use.

cheers

/Anders