[ANN] MATLAB fmincon now available in Python

dmitrey15

Hi all,
current state of Python <-> MATLAB connection soft doesn't allow passing offunction handlers, however, a walkaround has been implemented via some tricks, so now MATLAB function fmincon is available in Python-written OpenOpt and FuncDesigner frameworks (with possibility of automatic differentiation,example ).

Future plans include MATLAB fsolve, ode23, ode45 (unlike scipy fsolve and ode they can handle sparse matrices), fgoalattain, maybe global optimization toolbox solvers.

I intend to post the message to several forums, so to keep discussion in a single place use OpenOpt forum thread
http://forum.openopt.org/viewtopic.php?id=769

Regards, D.