[ANN] pyxser-1.5r --- Python Object to XML serializer/deserializer

Daniel Molina Wegener

Hello Python Community.

I'm pleased to announce pyxser-1.5r, a python extension which
contains functions to serialize and deserialize Python Objects
into XML. It is a model based serializer.

What can do this serializer?

* Serialization of cross references.
* Serialization of circular references.
* Preserves object references on deserialization.
* Custom serializations.
* Custom deserializations.
* Object attribute selection call-back.
* Serialization depth limit.
* Standards based serialization.
* Standards based XML validation using pyxser XML Schema.
* C14N based serialization, as optional kind of output.
* Model based XML serialization, represented on XML Schema
and XML DTD.

This release contains various bug fixes, mainly related to type
checking and type handling and also the removal of all memory
leaks. The distribution contains working tests for ASCII, Latin-1,
UTF-8 and UTF-16 codecs, and a working test which do up to
1,500,000.00 serializations and deserializations, using just 65MB
of RAM.

Also, on Source Forge I've created two trackers, one for feature
requests and another for bug reports. This distribution was
tested on Ubuntu 10.04.1 (32bit and 64bit), Mac OS X 10.5.0,
CentOS (32bit and 64bit), FreeBSD 8.1 (32bit and 64bit).

The project is hosted at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyxser/

The web page for the project is located at:
http://coder.cl/products/pyxser/

PyPi entry is:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyxser/1.5r

Best regards,
- --
Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw [at] coder [dot] cl>
System Programmer & Web Developer
Phone: +56 (2) 979-0277 | Blog: http://coder.cl/

Josh English

It looks nice, but it's a shame it doesn't work on Windows. This
could
solve a lot of the problems I'm running into in my own attempt to
build a python Class implementation of an XML Validation object.

Stefan Behnel

Josh English, 27.08.2010 01:30:
solve a lot of the problems I'm running into in my own attempt to
build a python Class implementation of an XML Validation object.

How would object serialisation help here?

Stefan

Josh English

Josh English, 27.08.2010 01:30:

How would object serialisation help here?

I'm running into the same problem in a lot of projects I'm working on.
I can't decide
one the best way to serialize instances of classes. I want to be able
to store these
instances in a human-readable and editable format that I can reload
back into their
objects.

The XML validation tool requires the rules of the XML to be written
out in Python
as classes and instances. I would love to have a consistent way to
write the definition
file and load it. For example, Relax NG can be written out, the rules
loaded into a parser,
and actual XML data can be validated against it.

Since I started in Python, I want that bridge back to serialization.

In this project, and others, subclassing plays a big role in using the
code, so I need
a reliable way of writing a definition, loading it into the proper
subclass, and running
with those subclasses.

I am familiar with XML, but I've played with YAML and may try that.
I'm hesitant to use YAML
because it requires that I add the YAML.object.

I even wrote a program to store data similar to GEDCOM format, which
seemed the simplest from
a user's perspective.

Josh