[ANN] ri-ruby 0.1.1

Kristof Bastiaensen

[ANN] ri-ruby 0.1.1

Ri for (X)Emacs is a (X)Emacs extension that acts as a convenient wrapper
around ri. It has autocompletion, nice colored output, it will ask for a
class name if needed. It is indispensible when coding Ruby with Emacs!

This release changes some of the behaviour to make it more confortable to
use. Changes are:

- Pressing tab in empty minibuffer will show all classes
- Pressing tab after classname + "." or "::" or "#" will show all methods
- ri-emacs is more clever about completing methods with "." (will match
both "#" and "::")
- the elisp code will check if the ruby-script is running by expecting a
"READY" command

Go grab it at <http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=317>!

KB

James Britt

Kristof said:
[ANN] ri-ruby 0.1.1

Ri for (X)Emacs is a (X)Emacs extension that acts as a convenient wrapper
around ri. It has autocompletion, nice colored output, it will ask for a
class name if needed. It is indispensible when coding Ruby with Emacs!

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but the name 'ri-ruby" suggests
that this is ri for Ruby. Which it isn't. Might it be more helpful to
use a name indicating that it hooks ri into emacs?

Thanks,

James

Kristof Bastiaensen

Kristof said:
[ANN] ri-ruby 0.1.1 Should be [ANN] ri-emacs 0.1.1

Ri for (X)Emacs is a (X)Emacs extension that acts as a convenient
wrapper around ri. It has autocompletion, nice colored output, it will
ask for a class name if needed. It is indispensible when coding Ruby
with Emacs!

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but the name 'ri-ruby" suggests
that this is ri for Ruby. Which it isn't. Might it be more helpful to
use a name indicating that it hooks ri into emacs?

Thanks,

James

Sorry, my mistake. The name of the package is ri-emacs
of course. (Ri-ruby is the name of the elisp file, but
perhaps I should change that to avoid more confusion).

Thanks,
KB

vruz

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but the name 'ri-ruby" suggests
that this is ri for Ruby. Which it isn't. Might it be more helpful to
use a name indicating that it hooks ri into emacs?

You're right, it's somewhat misleading (it misleaded me at least when
I first read it)
Would you mind if I suggest a different name ?

How about ri-macs ?