[ANN] ruby-oci8 0.1.9

KUBO Takehiro

Hi,

Sorry, too late release.
I released ruby-oci8 0.1.9 at last. (0.1.8 is skipped. :)
From next version, ruby-oci8 won't support ruby 1.6.x and Oracle 8.0.x.

What's new:

1. change the default bindtype for NUMBER without its scale and precisiion
from Fixnum to Float.
If you want to change it, use 'OCI8::Cursor.select_number_as='.
(This problem is reported by William Lawson, Dmitry Maksyoma and Andreas Habel.)

2. add 'OCI8::Cursor#fetch_hash'. fetch an array as Hash.
(contributed by Jason Sweat)

3. don't raise an error when OCI_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO.
(suggested by Kenji Nishishiro)

4. support Oracle Instant Installer.
(suggested by Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira Jr.)

5. fix to compile for Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux.

vruz

1. change the default bindtype for NUMBER without its scale and precisiion
from Fixnum to Float.
If you want to change it, use 'OCI8::Cursor.select_number_as='.
(This problem is reported by William Lawson, Dmitry Maksyoma and Andreas Habel.)

2. add 'OCI8::Cursor#fetch_hash'. fetch an array as Hash.
(contributed by Jason Sweat)

3. don't raise an error when OCI_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO.
(suggested by Kenji Nishishiro)

4. support Oracle Instant Installer.
(suggested by Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira Jr.)

5. fix to compile for Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux.

This is all great stuff !!
Thank you a lot

vruz