[ANN] RubyForge.org

Brett H. Williams

At my place ( informatic dept @ univ ) we have been using Subversion for
about 9month now for several internal development projects as well as
giving students the possibility to create their own repositories. Not once
did we experience database corruption.

The only major downside (other than that compiling is a PITA) we experienced
is, that the server and client versions need to be somewhat in synchro,
otherwise their communication breaks in unexpected ways (like XML errors or
plain "permissin denied" messages).

We used the same source for both platforms so the versions should have
lined up (although testing the Red Hat 9 version with our server yielded
errors not unlike what you describe). Which server did you use (webdav,
subversion, local)? Did you have multiple platforms?