ANN: RubyInline 3.2.1 Released

Ryan Davis

RubyInline version 3.2.1 has been released!

http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/RubyInline/

Ruby Inline is an analog to Perl's Inline::C. Out of the box, it
allows you to embed C/++ external module code in your ruby script
directly. By writing simple builder classes, you can teach how to cope
with new languages (fortran, perl, whatever). The code is compiled and
run on the fly when needed.

** FEATURES/PROBLEMS:

+ Quick and easy inlining of your C or C++ code embedded in your ruby
script.
+ Extendable to work with other languages.
+ Automatic conversion between ruby and C basic types
+ char, unsigned, unsigned int, char *, int, long, unsigned long
+ inline_c_raw exists for when the automatic conversion isn't
sufficient.
+ Only recompiles if the inlined code has changed.
+ Pretends to be secure.
+ Only uses standard ruby libraries, nothing extra to download.

http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/RubyInline/

Changes:

+ 2 minor enhancements
+ Added double to typemap. Thanks Phil Tomson!
+ Added a minor hack to get cygwin to work right--lemme know pls.

http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/RubyInline/

Mark Hubbart

RubyInline version 3.2.1 has been released!

http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/RubyInline/

Ruby Inline is an analog to Perl's Inline::C. Out of the box, it
allows you to embed C/++ external module code in your ruby script
directly. By writing simple builder classes, you can teach how to cope
with new languages (fortran, perl, whatever). The code is compiled and
run on the fly when needed.

Thanks!

Any chance this will be gem'd up? That would make it even cooler, if possible :)

cheers,
Mark

Mark Hubbart

RubyInline has been distributed as a gem for over 6 months.

good grief. I hadn't noticed. I think the last time I installed it, it
wasn't available that way, but I guess that was a long time ago. Sorry
for the noise.

cheers,
Mark