[ANN] RubyOSA 0.1.0

Laurent Sansonetti

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the first public release of RubyOSA.

RubyOSA is a bridge that connects Ruby to the Apple Event Manager
infrastructure. In big words, it allows you to do in Ruby what you
could do in AppleScript.

It can either be installed via RubyGems (gem install rubyosa), or
manually by building the sources.

More information on the project home page (including a more deeply
project description, samples etc...):

http://rubyosa.rubyforge.org/

RubyOSA is still under heavy development, however you might already
find it useful.

IMPORTANT: please note that the libxml-ruby gem may not properly
install its C extension in your system. Just try to require 'xml/
libxml' in IRB and see if it works. RubyOSA will fall-back on REXML if
libxml can't be found or loaded, but it will be 2-3 times slower. In
order to fix this problem, you can either apply a patch [1] to the
libxml-ruby source tree and rebuild the gem again, or build/install it
manually.

Enjoy,
Laurent

[1]: http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/libxml-devel/2006-August/000205.html

Michael Trier

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the first public release of RubyOSA.

Awesome. RubyOSA rocks. Thanks for providing it. It was certainly
one of the highlights for me at RubyConf.

Michael