[ANN] Scuby 0.1 - Scala-JRuby integration

Mario Camou

Hi everyone,

I am proud to release my first open-source Ruby and Scala project:
Scuby. From the README:

Scuby is a thin integration layer between Scala and JRuby. It aims to
provide DSLs for Scala and JRuby to ease interoperability. The
original inspiration came from a couple of articles published by
Daniel Spiewak at his blog, http://www.codecommit.com. These are the
two articles:

JRuby Interop DSL in Scala
(http://www.codecommit.com/blog/ruby/jruby-interop-dsl-in-scala)
Integrating Scala into JRuby
(http://www.codecommit.com/blog/ruby/integrating-scala-into-jruby)

The idea architecture came also from a post by Ola Bini called
"Fractal Programming"
(http://olabini.com/blog/2008/06/fractal-programming/) in which he
talks about dividing a program in 3 layers: the static layer for
performance-critical functionality and those functions in which type
safety is paramount, a dynamic layer where you create a DSL, and a DSL
layer where the bulk of the business logic resides.

Scuby will be publicly presented at the 2009 RubyConf, in the talk
"Ruby is from Mars, Functional Languages are from Venus: Integrating
Ruby with Erlang, Scala or F#" by Angela O.K. Wright.

use it for our internal development.

Scuby can be found on GitHub (primary repository) at
http://github.com/mcamou/scuby, and on Kenai (secondary repository) at
http://kenai.com/projects/scuby

Enjoy!
-Mario.