[ANN] snippits 0.5.1 Released - Ruby text expansion on Linux

Benjamin Kudria

Snippits version 0.5.1 has been released!
* <by Benjamin Kudria>
* <http://ben.kudria.net/code/snippits>

This is Ruby program that will type text for you.  It uses 'snippits',
small
text files with a simple syntax to determine what to type.  However,
snippits
can be very powerful, since they can contain embedded Ruby, special keys
(Control, Shift, Up, etc), and can contain a cursor placement
instructions.

## REQUIREMENTS:

* eRB
        'sudo gem install erb'
* xte from the xautomation suite
        'sudo apt-get install xautomation' on Debian/Ubuntu-like
* ASpell and RASpell is not required, but adds extra features:
        'sudo apt-get install aspell-en' and
        'sudo gem install raspell'

## INSTALL or UPGRADE

* sudo gem install snippits

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Changes:

## 0.5.1 / 2007-12-26

* Bugfixes
  * Noticeable speed increase.
  * Fixed bug with cursor positioning code
  * Fixed bug with debug mode.
  * Fixed bug with decrypting GPG-encrypted files
  * Fixed bug with outputting GPG-encrypted files in a non-interactive
session
  * Corrected RAspell dependency
* Changes and Features
  * Made a class-level method to make expanding a snippit easier, and
cleaned
    up other executables
  * Moved essential system snippits to lib/snippits_builtin.rb,
overridable,
    list with 'builtin' snippit
  * Updated README.txt: made clearer, clarified eRB and Debian/Ubuntu
install

I'd love to hear about how you are using snippits!  Let me know if you
have
any questions!

Ben Kudria
http://ben.kudria.net | Jabber: (e-mail address removed)