[ANN] Snippits 0.5.2 Released

Benjamin Kudria

Snippits version 0.5.2 has been released!

* http://ben.kudria.net/code/snippits

This is a Ruby text expansion program for Linux - it will type text for
you.
It uses 'snippits', small text files with a simple syntax to determine
what
to type. However, snippits can be very powerful, since they can contain
embedded Ruby, special keys (Control, Shift, Up, etc), and can contain a
cursor placement instructions.

## REQUIREMENTS:

* eRB
'sudo apt-get install ruby1.8' on Debian/Ubuntu-like
* xte from the xautomation suite
'sudo apt-get install xautomation' on Debian/Ubuntu-like
* ASpell and RASpell is not required, but adds extra features:
'sudo apt-get install aspell-en' and
'sudo gem install raspell'

Please consult your distribution documentation on how to install Ruby,
Rubygems, eRB, and ASpell.

To install all required software on a Debian or Ubuntu install, execute:
* sudo apt-get install ruby ruby1.8-dev rdoc rubygems libruby-extras
* sudo gem install raspell

Changes:

## 0.5.2 / 2008-02-17

* Bugfixes
* Updated README on how to use GPG-encrypted files. Please try it and
report any problems
* Enabled ERb newline supression
* Builtin snippit 'list' now lists builtin snippits too.
* Refactored and cleaned up some code in the Snippits library
* Added a check for xte version, if version is less than 0.98, print
warning
that non-US key layouts/characters may be wonky.
* WARNING: Upgrade xte as suggested above! The next version of
snippits
will *require* the minimum version of xte. This is to cut down on
the
number of "why won't my on-US keyboard work with snippits"-emails I
get.
* Changes and Features
* Changed builtin list snippit to print a space-separated list instead
of
a tree. Useful for tab completion.
* Removed builtin snippit files
* Updated README with section on how to submit patches, and fixed some
typos
* Updated the code with embedded documentation (RDoc)
* Added builtin snippit 'path' to return path of a given snippit file,
if it
exists
* Added builtin snippit 'contents' to return the contents of a snippit
file,
without ERB interprentation, if it exists
* Created a video demo of snippits in action.
See it at: http://ben.kudria.net/code/snippits
* Added a helpful "Getting Started" section to the README
* Added CREDITS and ROADMAP files. Feedback on Roadmap especially
appreciated.