[ANN] SQLite/Ruby 1.2.9.1

Jamis Buck

SQLite-Ruby is a module that allows Ruby programs to interface with
SQLite databases.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/sqlite-ruby

Version 1.2.9.1 is a release candidate in preparation for 1.3.0. Among
other things, it removes the explicit dependency on arrayfields,
preferring instead to allow developers to choose between returning rows
as hashes or arrays.

This release also adds new exception classes that encapsulate all major
return codes that are returned by functions in the sqlite API. For
example, instead of having to rescue SQLite::DatabaseException and then
parsing the message to see what really happened, you can capture
SQLite::SQLException, or SQLite::BusyException (all of which extend
SQLite::DatabaseException).

Lastly, this release provides three new methods of SQLite::Database:
'quote' (for quoting strings that will be used in SQL queries and
statements), 'encode' (for serializing objects), and 'decode' (for
deserializing objects).

Again, this is a release candidate. Please try it out and submit
feedback. Especially let me know if you find any bugs, although I'd love
to hear other suggestions you have for the module.

--
Jamis Buck
(e-mail address removed)

ruby -ropenssl
-e'k="01234567";p((c,c.padding,c.iv,c.key=OpenSSL::Cipher::BF.new,0,k,k*2)[0].decrypt.update("1A81803C452C324619D319F980D5B84DBB45FC0FE2BAA045".scan(/../).map{|n|n.to_i(16).chr}.join))'