ANN: stats0.1.2a calculator statistics for Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Steven D'Aprano, Dec 31, 2010.

  1. I am pleased to announce the third public release of stats for Python.
    This is a minor point release, mostly consisting of improved tests and
    documentation, plus the addition of six new statistics functions:

    midhinge, quartile_skewness, cumulative_sum, running_sum, stderrskewness,
    stderrkurtosis.

    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/stats

    stats is a pure-Python module providing basic statistics functions
    similar to those found on scientific calculators. It has over 40
    statistics functions, including:

    Univariate statistics:
    * arithmetic, harmonic, geometric and quadratic means
    * median, mode, midrange, trimean
    * mean of angular quantities
    * running and weighted averages
    * quartiles, hinges and quantiles
    * variance and standard deviation (sample and population)
    * average deviation and median average deviation (MAD)
    * skewness and kurtosis
    * standard error of the mean

    Multivariate statistics:
    * Pearson's correlation coefficient
    * Q-correlation coefficient
    * covariance (sample and population)
    * linear regression
    * sums Sxx, Syy and Sxy

    and others.

    This is an unstable alpha release of the software. Feedback and
    contributions are welcome.

    Steven D'Aprano, Dec 31, 2010