ANN: stats0.1.1a calculator statistics for Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Steven D'Aprano, Nov 14, 2010.

  1. I am pleased to announce the second public release of stats for Python,
    and the first targeted at Python 3.x.

    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/stats

    stats is a pure-Python module providing basic statistics functions
    similar to those found on scientific calculators. It has over 40
    statistics functions, including:

    Univariate statistics:
    * arithmetic, harmonic, geometric and quadratic means
    * median, mode, midrange, trimean
    * mean of angular quantities
    * running and weighted averages
    * quartiles, hinges and quantiles
    * variance and standard deviation (sample and population)
    * average deviation and median average deviation (MAD)
    * skew and kurtosis
    * standard error of the mean

    Multivariate statistics:
    * Pearson's correlation coefficient
    * Q-correlation coefficient
    * covariance (sample and population)
    * linear regression
    * sums Sxx, Syy and Sxy

    and others.

    This is an unstable alpha release of the software. Feedback and
    contributions are welcome.

    Steven D'Aprano, Nov 14, 2010