[ANN] win32-file 0.2.0

Daniel Berger

Hi all,

The Win32 Utils Team is happy to announce version 0.2.0 for the
win32-file package.

What is it?
===========
An extended File class that includes method specific to the Win32
platform.

What's new?
===========
The toplevel Win32 namespace has been removed. Having to prefix all
the file methods with "Win32::" was annoying. As a general rule, from
here on out we will not use the Win32 namespace for classes that
already exist as part of the stdlib. That means win32-process will be
changing shortly as well.

In addition, support for file security attributes (CACLS) has been
added. You can now set and retrieve file security information. See
the documentation for details.

Where's it at?
You can find it the project home page at
http://www.rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils. You can also find it on
the RAA.

Notes
=====
This release will be in the next version of the our installer (which
is not the same as the Windows Installer from Andy & crew).

Enjoy!

Dan