announce: OraPIG (python wrappers for Oracle)

Discussion in 'Python' started by mh, May 27, 2008.

  1. mh

    mh Guest

    I'm pleased to announce the initial release of OraPIG,
    the Oracle Python Interface Generator.

    OraPIG generates Python wrapper classes for Oracle packages.

    If you use Oracle and Python, this might be a pretty useful
    package for you. Download it and let us know what
    you think!

    Cheers,
    Mark

    Download and docs: http://code.google.com/p/orapig

    ----------------

    Quick Example: Suppose you have a package called tiny
    with a single procedure p:

    create or replace package tiny
    as
    procedure p(x in number);
    end tiny;

    OraPIG will generate a wrapper class that will allow you to
    use the package without having to use the various database
    calls. Instead, the wrapper class will be instantiated and
    called just like any other Python class:

    class Tiny:
    def __init__(self,curs): # instantiate class with a cursor
    def p(self,x): # call procedure p(x)

    Here's how it's used:

    import cx_Oracle
    import tiny