Another .config file

Pietro

I've created another .config file (site.config) to avoid restarting when
web.config is changed, but changes in this new .config file only take effect
when the application restarts. I would like to know how to view this changes
or restart it manually.

Thanks
Pietro

Hans Kesting

Pietro said:
I've created another .config file (site.config) to avoid restarting
when web.config is changed, but changes in this new .config file only
take effect when the application restarts. I would like to know how
to view this changes or restart it manually.

Thanks
Pietro

Based on your description you don't reread the file every time you need
a value (good!), so you store it somewhere. Are you storing it in Application?
Try using Cache instead, there you can attach a "filewatcher", that will remove
the cached item if the file changes.
You will want a utility function to access the cached file: if it's in the Cache
use that, else read the file and store it (again).

Hans Kesting