writing to config file

Vinki

Below is the code that i using to change the config file settings. When I do
the changes to the config file through this code, It seems that it updated
the config file with the changes, but when I got the file, the changes are
there.

I am having hard time finding out why this is happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

The call that I making to writeSettings is :

configSettings.WriteSetting("connectionstring", "Data Source=prsql;Persist
Security Info=True;User ID=apps;Password=pass;Unicode=True;Pooling=false;Min
Pool Size=4;Max Pool Size=100;Connection Lifetime=0;");

public static void WriteSetting(string key, string value)
{
// load config document for current assembly
XmlDocument doc = loadConfigDocument();

// retrieve appSettings node
XmlNode node = doc.SelectSingleNode("//appSettings");

if (node == null)
throw new InvalidOperationException("appSettings section not
found in config file.");

try
{
// select the 'add' element that contains the key
XmlElement elem =
(XmlElement)node.SelectSingleNode(string.Format("//add[@key='{0}']", key));

if (elem != null)
{
// add value for key
object ro = elem.GetAttribute("value");
elem.SetAttribute("value", value);
}
else
{
// key was not found so create the 'add' element
// and set it's key/value attributes
elem = doc.CreateElement("add");
elem.SetAttribute("key", key);
elem.SetAttribute("value", value);
node.AppendChild(elem);
}
doc.Save(getConfigFilePath());
}
catch
{
throw;

private static XmlDocument loadConfigDocument()
{
XmlDocument doc = null;
try
{
doc = new XmlDocument();
doc.Load(getConfigFilePath());
return doc;
}
catch (System.IO.FileNotFoundException e)
{
throw new Exception("No configuration file found.", e);

private static string getConfigFilePath()
{
return @"C:\app\debug\bin\app.exe.config";

Michael Nemtsev

Did you flush and close file after complete writings to config file before
reading it?