    img.click();

    Is there anotehr way to write the "img.click()" clause that doesn't
    use the "click()" action but achieves the same thing? Thanks, - Dave

    laredotornado, Sep 6, 2011

  2. What might be the idea behind that?

    You seem to ask how to eat your cake without eating your cake.

    On the other hand, by default, clicking on an image has no effect, so
    there is no "same thing" to be achieved. And if you have assigned an
    onclick handler to an image, then you could just call that handler
    instead of using the event.

    What's the real problem you're trying to solve?

    Jukka K. Korpela, Sep 6, 2011

  3. laredotornado

    dhtml Guest

    Clicking on the IMG has the effect of calling any registered handlers
    on that element.

    Calling a "click" method on the IMG, where supported, will cause an
    event to be fired at that object and unless propagation is stopped, it
    will bubble.

    so
    That's going to add complexity with the `event` parameter (or
    `window.event`). I'd avoid doing that.
    That's the right question right there. Describe the goal, not the
    step:
    http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#goal

    dhtml, Sep 8, 2011