Ant, DocBook, XSLT and JDK 1.5

Thomas Kellerer

Hello all,

I'm creating my documentation with ant (XSLT task) and docbook. So far
everything was working fine, but now I decided I'd like to switch from
JDK 1.4.2 to JDK 1.5

Apparently the XSLT/XML support in JDK 1.5 has changed dramatically,
XSLT stuff that worked before does not work any longer (experienced that
before with a web application that uses XSLT).

This change affects the Ant xslt task as well, and I can't get it to
process the docbook chunk.xsl anymore.

It stops with the error:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Translet class
'chunker' could not be loaded

Any ideas how I can get this to work with JDK 1.5?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Roedy Green

Any ideas how I can get this to work with JDK 1.5?

Now that Java has built is XML support, you might want to either:

1. pull the old XML jars out.
OR
2. make sure the old XML jars in the EXT directory.

Thomas Kellerer

Roedy Green wrote on 01.11.2005 14:24:
Now that Java has built is XML support, you might want to either:

1. pull the old XML jars out.
OR
2. make sure the old XML jars in the EXT directory.

Thanks for the quick answer, but I have no "old" XML jars.

I have never added any library to either Ant nor the JDK to make it work
in JDK 1.4.

Regards
Thomas

Roedy Green

I have never added any library to either Ant nor the JDK to make it work
in JDK 1.4.

there might be something bundled in Ant.

The key is that Java recently started providing the XML classes
itself.

Make sure you have the latest Ant 1.6.5 that is aware of this change.