Any anti-aliasing filter on image rezise?

Michel

Is there a way I can anti-aliasing a gif to be able to get a
hi-quality resizeable backgroundpicture.
When a GIF of JPG is being resized by the browser you get wurse
pictures because it needs a anti-aliasing. Maybe there is some filter
for it...

Or can I write my own subroutine to do this in client-browsers?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Michel said:
Is there a way I can anti-aliasing a gif to be able to get a
hi-quality resizeable backgroundpicture.

Yes, use your favorite graphics program prior to upload.
I recommend The GIMP 2. said:
When a GIF of JPG is being resized by the browser you get wurse
pictures because it needs a anti-aliasing. Maybe there is some
filter for it...

Maybe there is, but it would be IE only.
Or can I write my own subroutine to do this in client-browsers?

No, you cannot. The J(ava)Script engine has not the slightest
idea what an image could be (aside from the Image host object,
but that doesn't provide access to raw image data).

PointedEars

Michel

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote
Yes, use your favorite graphics program prior to upload.
I recommend The GIMP 2. <http://gimp.org/>
I know even better programs to do this, but I need a anti-aliasing on
the client-browser site when the image-size changes on the size of the
browser.
Like a company-logo stretched on the background.
I didn't find a real anti-aliasing here :(
No, you cannot. The J(ava)Script engine has not the slightest
idea what an image could be (aside from the Image host object,
but that doesn't provide access to raw image data).
I would think something like placing the same image slitely moved over
each other and add some opaque to them.

Isn't there any way to build a website that autosizes everything
depending on the browser site. A sort of autosize the complete site
images, tekst, tables, ...

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Michel said:
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote
Yes, use your favorite graphics program prior to upload.
I recommend The GIMP 2. <http://gimp.org/>
I know even better programs to do this, but I need a anti-aliasing on
the client-browser site when the image-size changes on the size of the
browser. [...]

Why is it not enough to upload scaled and anti-aliased images?
I didn't find a real anti-aliasing here :(

Tough luck.
I would think something like placing the same image slitely moved
over each other and add some opaque to them.

Isn't there any way to build a website that autosizes everything
depending on the browser site. A sort of autosize the complete site
images, tekst, tables, ...

Nothing reliable. Besides, it is one of the most important advantages
of HTML documents *not* to scale the content so that it fits into the
surrounding box, but to extend the box and let the content flow. Why
do you want to give that away? Have you ever read a PDF document in a
small window? You have not, since tiny-scaled characters (and anti-
aliasing) make that impossible if you don't like scrolling.

PointedEars

P.S.:
Please write a blank line between quotes and you new text to increase
legibility of your postings.