Any "onError" handling utilities?

Matt Kruse

I am looking into a request for a webapp that wants javascript errors on the
client side to be captured and logged in the webapp for debugging purposes.

Does anyone know of any utility which uses the onError handler to gather
debugging info and post it back to the server?
For example, I'd like to gather the contents of the page, the status of all
form elements, the source of the error, the element that caused it (if any),
the user agent, screen resolution, browser size, etc. This would all be sent
via ajax or iframe to the server which would log the error for later
analysis.

Ideally, I would then like another utility that could read this log and
re-display the page in my browser so I could see what the user saw and maybe
figure out why the error happened.

An IE-only solution would work well for me, but a more general solution
would be cool. I realize that it would never be a perfect, bullet-proof
solution to capture all errors. But in most environments it would be
extremely valuable, IMO.

I can write all this, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a solution which
already existed. Thanks!