Any way to disable setInterval function for a browser?

yong321

My question is not about Javascript programming. I'd like to use a
browser, either IE or Firefox or whatever, that allows me to disable a
specific Javascript function but not disable Javascript completely.
Specifically I don't want to see text slowly moving across screen on
some stupid web sites. I assume they're all done with setInterval().
Is there a way to disable that in any browser? Thanks.

Yong Huang

RobG

My question is not about Javascript programming. I'd like to use a
browser, either IE or Firefox or whatever, that allows me to disable a
specific Javascript function but not disable Javascript completely.
Specifically I don't want to see text slowly moving across screen on
some stupid web sites. I assume they're all done with setInterval().

Not necessarily, they may use setTimeout or the non-standard marquee
element.
Is there a way to disable that in any browser? Thanks.

No. But you can use a browser that doesn't support the marquee
element, or one like Firefox with the NoScript add-on that allows you
to disable scripts for specific sites.

getsanjay.sharma

RobG said:
No. But you can use a browser that doesn't support the marquee
element, or one like Firefox with the NoScript add-on that allows you
to disable scripts for specific sites.
But that would entirely disable javascript which I guess the OP
doesn't want.

@Yong Huang
I think 'Greasemonkey', a firefox addon would help you in solving your
problem. It can be used to modify/change the way web pages are
rendered clientside.

This means you can just override the setTimeout and setInterval
function so that it doesn't do anything. This would work in almost all
cases(except when they are using the non-standard marquee). Or you can
just remove that specific part of the script by altering/modifying the
script element on the page(which would only work if they are not
linking to an external js file).

Regards,
STS