Anyone use eclipse on Windows?

Day

If you saw my other post similarly titled, it may become apparent: I'm
trying out various editors. I've installed eclipse and RDT and
subclipse. Things are working well... except (had to be one). For some
reason, for things I have checked out from the SVN repository, require
seems to be broken. Even on very simple paths that point at files in
the same directory, I get a "in `require': no such file to load"
error. Doesn't matter what the file is. Locally, require works fine.
When I run manually in the command line with ruby, it works fine. I
did a bunch of googling and didn't find any help. Maybe my Google Fu
is weak. Anyone have any ideas? If I can't get this solved, I guess
I'm back to SciTE for editing and Tortoise for SVNing.

I'm running Eclipse 3.3.1.1 on Windows XP. let me know if further
information would be helpful. Oh. Ruby version 1.8.6. Thanks!

Ben

Dejan Dimic

[...]

I am using:
Eclipse: Version: 3.3.1.1 Build id: M20071023-1652
Subclipse: version 1.2.4
Apatana PlugIn
RadRails 0.8.0.200707021211

and haven't encounter that kind of problems.
Does it malfunction regarding requiring your files or in general?
Perhaps you should use require File.expand_path(File.dirname(__FILE__)
+ your_file_relative_path).

Day

I am using:
Eclipse: Version: 3.3.1.1 Build id: M20071023-1652
Subclipse: version 1.2.4
Apatana PlugIn
RadRails 0.8.0.200707021211

What's Apatana?
and haven't encounter that kind of problems.
Does it malfunction regarding requiring your files or in general?
Perhaps you should use require File.expand_path(File.dirname(__FILE__)
+ your_file_relative_path).

It complains about not being able to find the file. We're using some
init stuff that looks similar to that, but eclipse thinks it can't
find those, either. When I hand-add what you suggested, it works.
But... I shouldn't have to change my code to adapt to my IDE. That's
ridiculous. Does this maybe indicate that eclipse doesn't... know
where it is, sort of? Could it have to do with the fact that I added
the .project and .loadpath to the SVN repository's ignore list? That
doesn't seem to make sense.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I guess I'm still looking for the
setting I need to twiddle to fix this.

Ben