Anyone using Enterprise Framework?

randy.buchholz

Hi All.
I just started playing with the Enterprise Framework and it looks
interesting. The documetation is sparse, web searches get (relatively) few
hits, and I couldn't find any news groups working this tool. I'm looking
for people that are using or have used the framework to provide some pro's
and con's to the framework. In my current environment all users are on a
highspeed internal network and all users are using IE. (Don't know if this
matters for the framework)

Any links, comments, or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

sloan

randy.buchholz

Thanks Sloan,
Yes. library. Sorry, I've been working with frameworks all day.

Cool, it looked like a good tool and sounds like the way to go. As far as
resistance, not an issue - I'm the only .Net developer in an environment
with 40 IBM Websphere developers. I do have alot of fun with them though
when I look at their requiremnets and build a .Net version almost overnight
for stuff that takes them a week or two to do in JAVA. The Library should
make this even more fun!

Joe Fawcett

randy.buchholz said:
Hi All.
I just started playing with the Enterprise Framework and it looks
interesting. The documetation is sparse, web searches get (relatively)
few hits, and I couldn't find any news groups working this tool. I'm
looking for people that are using or have used the framework to provide
some pro's and con's to the framework. In my current environment all
users are on a highspeed internal network and all users are using IE.
(Don't know if this matters for the framework)

Any links, comments, or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have used the data access block a lot from version 2.0 up to 4.0. It can
be useful although it's quite a large overhead in some projects.
It does allow changing of database providers easily but in the real world
few people switch between Oracle and SQL Server and when they do there's
often still a lot of work to do elsewhere.
At the moment I'm moving towards the ADO.NET Entity Framework instead as
this seems to take some of the strain of writing a Business Objects layer
over the data layer.