Anyone using GPG or PGP encryption/signatures in your Python apps?

python

Curious if any of you are using GPG or PGP encryption and/or signatures
in your Python apps?

In particular are you:

1. clearsigning specific emails?
2. validating clearsigned emails from others?
3. encrypting/decrypting files?
4. generating signatures for files that you are exchanging/posting for
download?
5. what public keyring services are you using?

I'm also looking for recommendations on which 3rd party modules you're
using for these tasks? In particular is there a particular module you
prefer or have concerns about?

Here's my short list of modules that *might* support encryption and
signing in general:

- m2crypto
- pycrypto (standalone or with expycrypto or yawpycrypto wrappers)
- tlslite
- pyme
- evpy
- python-gnupg (by developer of Python's logging module)

Any comments on using the subprocess module to wrap the gpg or openssl
command line utilities? This seems to be a common technique for
encryption and signing solutions and appears to the technique used by
python-gnupg (for example).

Thank you,
Malcolm

Steve

[...]

I used python-gnupg successfully to create some Django utilities for
sending encrypted email.

You can grab the source code at http://github.com/stephenmcd/django-email-extras

Cheers,
Steve

Martin Manns

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:48:47 -0400
Curious if any of you are using GPG or PGP encryption and/or
signatures in your Python apps? ....
4. generating signatures for files that you are exchanging/posting for
download?

I use pyme to create and check save file signatures.
5. what public keyring services are you using?

None
Any comments on using the subprocess module to wrap the gpg or openssl
command line utilities? This seems to be a common technique for
encryption and signing solutions and appears to the technique used by
python-gnupg (for example).

pyme works great with Linux.
However, I have never installed it on a Windows system.

Martin