Apache Tomcat https link goes down but http works

zigzagdna

I have setup a web suite in Apache Tomcat 5.5. Web site has lots of
java software. I have both https and http. This is production system.

We have given users to user https. https works for a few days but then
when web site gives some "page not found access". However then I
invoke http link; web site is up' why?
Why http link brings up the application but https does not.

Then when I restart Apache Tomcat https works again; same is true with
http.

Is this somekind of memory issue; i.e.; https sofwtare implenetaion
has memory leaks etc? But then again if there are memeory issues, http
link at that point should also give errors.

This has happened several times; almost once every week.

Any insights will be appreciated?

Arne Vajhøj

I have setup a web suite in Apache Tomcat 5.5. Web site has lots of
java software. I have both https and http. This is production system.

We have given users to user https. https works for a few days but then
when web site gives some "page not found access". However then I
invoke http link; web site is up' why?
Why http link brings up the application but https does not.

Then when I restart Apache Tomcat https works again; same is true with
http.

Is this somekind of memory issue; i.e.; https sofwtare implenetaion
has memory leaks etc? But then again if there are memeory issues, http
link at that point should also give errors.

This has happened several times; almost once every week.

Any insights will be appreciated?

Any info in the log files?

Arne