Archive::Zip - case sensitivity help

MoshiachNow

HI,

Using this module on Windows,I ran into a very serious problem.

The files/folders fail to zip/unzip if on the letters in path has a
different case (like on different SW versions of the product I'm trying
to backup).Ex:

Path "Prinergy\CreoAraxi\data" specified for Zipping will not
zip/unzip properly,if physically on the FS it appears as
"Prinergy\CreoAraxi\Data".

I have to find a way to make the module be not case sensitive,since I
can not predict the case on my different product versions.
Thanks

AC

MoshiachNow said:
HI,

Using this module on Windows,I ran into a very serious problem.

The files/folders fail to zip/unzip if on the letters in path has a
different case (like on different SW versions of the product I'm trying
to backup).Ex:

Path "Prinergy\CreoAraxi\data" specified for Zipping will not
zip/unzip properly,if physically on the FS it appears as
"Prinergy\CreoAraxi\Data".

I have to find a way to make the module be not case sensitive,since I
can not predict the case on my different product versions.
Thanks

I ran into this too. I use the brute force method. I iterate over the member
names and do a lower case comparison against the candidate member name to
find the real member name, then use that in all subsequent method calls.

sub FindZipEntryName
{
my ($zip,$member) = @_;

$member =~ s/\\/\//g; # archive paths are Perl-style, not Windows
my $memberq = quotemeta($member);

# the extract method considers file names as CASE-SENSITIVE, so
# we need to look it up

my @members = $zip->memberNames();

foreach my $mem (@members)
{
if ($mem =~ /^$memberq$/i)
{
return $mem;

return $member;
}

Hope this helps.

Allan

MoshiachNow

Thanks,will check your code later.
For now ,since my problem is with directories only,not files,solved the
issue by getting DOS to tell me the right path:

if ($NAME =~ /\\/) { #it's a dir,check case !
chdir("$NAME");
#get the real Path :
$NAME=`dir|find \"Directory of\"`;chomp $NAME;
$NAME =~ s/.*(\w\:.*)/$1/; #remove text

Alan Stewart

Thanks,will check your code later.
For now ,since my problem is with directories only,not files,solved the
issue by getting DOS to tell me the right path:

if ($NAME =~ /\\/) { #it's a dir,check case !
chdir("$NAME");
#get the real Path :
$NAME=`dir|find \"Directory of\"`;chomp $NAME;
$NAME =~ s/.*(\w\:.*)/$1/; #remove text
}

You could use:

Win32::GetLongPathName()

Feed it any case long or short (8.3) name and you get back the actual
case-correct long name. Same thing with:

Win32::GetShortPathName()

Alan

MoshiachNow

Alan said:
Feed it any case long or short (8.3) name and you get back the actual
case-correct long name. Same thing with:

Win32::GetShortPathName()

Alan

Thanks,Alan

Great help !