Arrow keys and the datagrid...

Bob Morvay

My users want to be able to use the Web Datagrid like an excel spreadsheet.
This means a fully editible grid with arrow key navigation between cells.
The grid seems to support horizontal tabbing between cells but nothing for
the arrow keys. I have googled for sample code but the best that I could
find was some half completed javascript that captures the key events but
doesn't quite show me how to use it in the grid. I was wondering if anyone
has any example code where an editable grid could be navigated from cell to
cell using the arrow keys (Left, Right, Up and Down).

Thanks in advance.

Bob Morvay

Two reasons... It is an existing ASP.Net application and I have never used
the Microsoft Office Web Component :) Where can I learn more about the
Excel object as it can be used in a web components?

Alvin Bruney said:
You'd have to do a lot of javascript for that. I'm curious, why don't you
just use a bonafide excel object - the Microsoft Office Web Components is
a good alternative for just such an application.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

[Shameless Author Plug]