    Hope someone finds it useful.

    Regards,

    Jeremiah

    miah_gbg, May 3, 2007

  2. miah_gbg

    James Stroud Guest

    For the impatient: http://tinyurl.com/2z6qeq

    James

    James Stroud, May 3, 2007

  3. miah_gbg

    James Stroud Guest

    Nice article, but it has an inaccuracy:

    "The first thing we need to do is download wxPython so we can begin
    creating applications."

    This is not entirely correct. The stock 10.4 that came in a G5 bought in
    June has wx built-in:

    cabin % /usr/bin/python
    Python 2.3.5 (#1, Oct 5 2005, 11:07:27)
    [GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1809)] on darwin
    Of course the stock python is 2.3, but its very cool that one can depend
    on wx being present on 10.4+ machines. So there is no need to bundle
    python/wx with your app when developing for Macs. (Yes, I noticed the
    author is running OS X 10.3.)

    James

    James Stroud, May 3, 2007
  4. miah_gbg

    James Stroud Guest

    Oh yes, a mactel (Quad Xeon) bought in January?

    platinum 1% /usr/bin/python
    Python 2.3.5 (#1, Aug 12 2006, 00:08:11)
    Hell yeah, baby!

    James Stroud, May 3, 2007
  5. miah_gbg

    miah_gbg Guest