ASP and Frames

Andrew Durstewitz

Hi!

I am having an issue using ASP and frames. I am required to use frames
so NOT using them isn't an option.

Problem: When a user enters the site they goto survey.asp (this is the
frameset page). However when an ASP script redirects to the survey.asp
page I get double frames.

Meaning, that when the user is returned to the page the orgional frames
exsist and then ANOTHER set of frames is set within those!

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Tnx,
Andrew

* * * Sent via DevBuilder http://www.devbuilder.org * * *
Developer Resources for High End Developers.

Dan Brussee

Hi!

I am having an issue using ASP and frames. I am required to use frames
so NOT using them isn't an option.

Problem: When a user enters the site they goto survey.asp (this is the
frameset page). However when an ASP script redirects to the survey.asp
page I get double frames.

Meaning, that when the user is returned to the page the orgional frames
exsist and then ANOTHER set of frames is set within those!

Im guessing that Survey.asp is a frameset document. If this is the
case, then it will do what you are saying. One possibility is to use
the target property of the <form> tag to specify _top. This way you
dont need to mess around with Javascript kludges to make it do what
you want. Frames are not always bad <contrary to popular opinion> but
you do need to understand how they work.

This being said, I would not mind having the "breakout" javascript as
other posters have suggested anyway. This way, if someone else tries
to load your survey.asp into one of "their" frames, it will break out
of it.