File type: Active Server Document
From: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Folder1

This type of file can harm your computer if it contains malicious code.

Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer?

[Here comes the 4 buttons stated above]
--------------------

Now why is this happening? This is the first time I am coming across
such a weird behavior.

Note that if the frame which has the ASP file is replaced with a HTML
file, then this dialog box doesn't pop-up. It pops-up only if one of
the frames in Index.html houses a ASP file.

Evertjan.

wrote on 02 jan 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I have a HTML page named Index.html which is divided into 3 frames. The
URL of 2 of the frames are HTML pages but the 3rd frame houses a ASP
page.

Now when I go to Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder in which the
all the 4 files (3 HTML + 1 ASP) reside & select Index.html (by
clicking with the mouse or by using the arrow keys on the keyboard),
strangely the Windows "File Download" dialog box (with 'Open', 'Save',
'Cancel', 'More Info' buttons) pops-up with the message

--------------------
Some files can harm your computer. If the file information below looks
suspicious, or you do not fully trust the source, do not open or save
this file.

File name: IndexRight.asp
File type: Active Server Document
From: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Folder1

This type of file can harm your computer if it contains malicious code.

Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer?

[Here comes the 4 buttons stated above]
--------------------

Now why is this happening? This is the first time I am coming across
such a weird behavior.

Note that if the frame which has the ASP file is replaced with a HTML
file, then this dialog box doesn't pop-up. It pops-up only if one of
the frames in Index.html houses a ASP file.

Access the pages via http://localhost/... otherwise IIS will not be
active on your pages, and the ASP pages will be seen as strange pages by
your browser and also the ASP code will not be executed.

rn5a

I am very much aware of whatever you have pointed out, Evertjan but I
am not trying to open the HTML file with the 3 frames in a browser. All
I am doing is just selecting the HTML page with the 3 frames in Windows
Explorer which is when the "File Download" dialog pops-up.

I have been working with ASP for quite some time now but never have
come across anything as such which is why I am inquisitive to know why
is this happening. If I just select a ASP file in Windows Explorer,
this doesn't happen; so why is this happening?

From: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Folder1

This type of file can harm your computer if it contains malicious code.

Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer?

[Here comes the 4 buttons stated above]
--------------------

Now why is this happening? This is the first time I am coming across
such a weird behavior.

Note that if the frame which has the ASP file is replaced with a HTML
file, then this dialog box doesn't pop-up. It pops-up only if one of
the frames in Index.html houses a ASP file.

Access the pages via http://localhost/... otherwise IIS will not be
active on your pages, and the ASP pages will be seen as strange pages by
your browser and also the ASP code will not be executed.

Evertjan.

wrote on 03 jan 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

[Please do not toppost on usenet]
I am very much aware of whatever you have pointed out,

"whatever"? What did I point out then that you atre aware of?
Evertjan but I
am not trying to open the HTML file with the 3 frames in a browser.
All I am doing is just selecting the HTML page with the 3 frames in
Windows Explorer which is when the "File Download" dialog pops-up.

What is the difference between "open" and "selecting" ?

I suppose we are talking about opening/selecting the frames page?
Or the 3 sepretately, which would be impossible as the frames page will
open the other two already?
Do you use the http:// local host form?
I have been working with ASP for quite some time now but never have
come across anything as such which is why I am inquisitive to know why
is this happening. If I just select a ASP file in Windows Explorer,
this doesn't happen; so why is this happening?

Same questions. Please elaborate.