ASP & COM+'s enable object construction

Dan Avni

I have a site that has been working for a few years now. the web site
is using a DB Access DLL written in VB. the DB's connection string is
passed to the DLL using the COM+ enable object construction option and
using CreateObject in the ASP code.

we are now trying to install this application on a new server and we
have a very strange problem:

Server info: Win2K SP4. the COM+ package is a server package with
identity set to be the administrator.

When the ASP page is trying to call createobject the call runs fine
even though it is not going through COM+ (if i look at the currently
running objects in my package, the count is 0) and the connection
string is empty since no construction string was passed to the DLL

if i run the same createobject call in a VBS file while logged in as
the administrator, it does go through COM+ and the connection string
is fine.

so obviously it is some kind of permissions problem but i do not know
where. i have tried setting the IIS's site to use the administrators
account for anonymous access but that did not solve the problem.

any ideas anyone?

Per-Olof Nilsson

Sometimes we have to create a user belonging to administrators group and
then put this user to the COM+ package.

Dan Avni

Even if i put the administrator himself? what is the diffrence between
the administrator and another member of the admins group?

thx for the quick reply!

Dan Avni
OfficeCore

Dan Avni

Well as it turns out (and don't ask me why)
after restarting the PC everything was suddenly working (Call it an act
of god or another great feature of Windows)

thanks all!

Dan Avni
OfficeCore

Hernán Castelo

i made an "IdentityCOM_User"
belonging to "users" and "guest"
like "SYSTEM" account
....still works....

--
atte,
Hernán Castelo

"Antes de poner caco-citas al final de los mensajes, pensemos un poco"
(de El chamán de Calidelphia,
opus póstuma de Kânr Djkmilÿa)