asp - db problem with connection.

Brian

hi. ive recently put XP on my system which was running Win 2k. ever since
this, i cant seem to get my asp stuff to interact with a database. even with
code which wasn't changed since 2k.

the error im getting each time i try to access a database is as follows....

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0xf40 Thread 0xaa8
DBC 0x15f8024 Jet'.
/Brian/functions.asp, line 27

line 27 is the 3rd line of the code below.... any ideas would definately
help......

DatabasePath = Server.MapPath("photoalbum.mdb")
Set Conn1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Conn1.Open = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" &
DatabasePath & ""

William Morris

Ha! Yes, Aaron, I know - I've pointed all of my programmer friends there at
least once.

I consulted for Hoechst Marion Rousell (the pharmaceutical company formerly
known as Marion Merrill Dow (the pharmaceutical company formerly known as
Marion Labs)) for about a year doing intranet work. I was building an
online video library for their AV department using ASP and Access. I was
the ONLY person hitting that database, and it locked me out about once an
hour. I didn't finish the project until I brought my own copy of SQL Server
7.0 to work and installed it.

Made a believer out of me!

- Wm

--