asp does not find table

Terry On Windigo

I must have forgotten someting. I did something like this about 4 years ago
and got it to work.
Now I need to do it again and I get this error message:

a.. Error Type:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E37)
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query
'verify'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.
/meddir/verifyreturn.asp, line 35

b.. Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR
2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

c.. Page:
POST 50 bytes to /meddir/verifyreturn.asp

This is my code, does anyone see where I've made my mistake.

My table is at this physical location on the server (win 2000, latest
service pack, IIS 5): d:\Inetpub\namcp.org\fpdb\verify.mdb

This is my data.asp file:

<%
strConnect = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" &_
"Data Source=d:\Inetpub\namcp.org\fpdb\verify.mdb;" &_
"Persist Security Info=False"
%>

This is my script that generate the error message from above:

<%
Option Explicit
Dim strConnect
%>
<!-- #Include File="Data.asp" -->
<head>
<title>New Page 1</title>
</head>
<%
Dim objconn, objrs
Dim lcsql, strName, strEmail, strPassword, strCookie1, strCookie2

Set objconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set objrs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
objconn.open strConnect

strEmail = request.form("Email")
Session("Email") = strEmail
strPassword = request.form("password")
Session("UserPassword") = strPassword

'lcsql="select * FROM verify WHERE Email =
'"+request.form("Email")+"' and password = '"+request.form("password")+"'"
lcsql="select * FROM verify WHERE Email = '(e-mail address removed)'"
objrs.Open lcsql,objconn,0,1,1

If objrs.EOF then
%>
<Script Language=VBscript>
ReturnItem = msgbox( "Either your name or password was
incorrect, try again.", vbOKOnly, "INCORRECT ENTRY")
</Script>
<%
else
Session("LoggedIn") = "StartUp"
'Session("JobType") = objrs.fields("JobType")
'Session("IDNumber") = objrs.fields("Password")
Server.Transfer "Index_Copy(2).htm"
end if

objrs.Close
objconn.Close

CB

Does your database, named verify.mdb, actually contain a table named "verify"
?? If not you would get that message when the query tries to execute.

Terry On Windigo

Afraid I'm too old to name any born children after you but that's what I'd
do. You saved me hours of scratching my head and losing what little hair I
have left.

Works like it should now. Thank you, thank you.

Terry