ASP.NET 1.1 - Controlling access to pages

Ray Booysen

Hi all

I have an XML file with pretty much the 1.1 version of a sitemap. In
the xml file, we store whether the user is an admin or not (our
permission structure only calls for "Users" and "Admins")

I need to control access to pages by what is in this xml file. Any good
ideas on implementation?

At the moment, on the first call, the menu.xml file is put into the
cache with a file dependency on the file to make sure if the file
changes, the cache is current.

Should I pull the cached XmlDocument from the cache and find out from
there? Or is there a better solution?

Regards
Ray