Asp.Net 2.0 Multiple Application Solutions

Graham

I have been having some fun learning and using the new Controls and methods in .Net 2.0 which will make my life in the future easier and faster. Specifically the new databinding practises and wizards.
But, I have found that trying to do something "outside the norm" adds a rather large level of complexity and/or data replication.

Background
I have been commissioned to create a web-based application for a client. It has a formsaunthentication secured backend for admins to login and manage system data (clients, categories, geographical regions and their related associations). It also has a frontend where users can search through the clients in the system and view their information. The frontend also contains a formsauthentication secured area where the clients can log in and edit some of their information. The 2 entities (Admins and Clients) are separate objects in the data model (because of the completely different information pertaining to each), e.g a client would never become an admin and vice versa.

I decided to use Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 2 for this project because it would give me a head start for when the new technologies are released in November.

The solution is split up into 3 layers - Data Access layer, Businesslogic layer, and Presentation layer (websites)

Problem
I think the main problem I have experienced is multiple formsauthentication methods in one website. Because the two entities both have to log into different areas (therefore different login methods) I could not find a way to do this without making the admin section a separate website within the solution (it would actually be a virtual directory in IIS once it is live). Once I did this, I found another problem with having to replicate data.

I decided early on in the project to make use of the new ObjectDataSource and the DataSet creation wizard within VS 2005. Both websites need to make use of this dataset. When you initially create the dataset it asks for a DB connection string which either has to be hardcoded into it (bad idea) or stored in the web.config (good idea). It then stores the created DataSet in the app_code directory of the website. This presents a problem when having multiple websites with a single solution (at the moment I have the dataset within both websites app_code directories).

Now you might be asking "why not have the DataSet in the Businesslogic or Data Access layers?". One reason - You have to have the DB connection string hardcoded into it, because it cant access the web.config from either of these layers. I understand that. But I havent found a way to set the connection string programatically nor does the DataSet compile if the ConnectionString property of each TableAdapter is set to "none".

Answers?
In short I would like to know if there is either:
A way to have multiple types of formsauthentication in a single website (and how); or
How I can have a shard DataSet somewhere out of a website so that it can be accessed by both websites.

I hope this makes sense and thank anyone that can provide me with any help.

clintonG

Membership [1], Roles, and Profiles are what you need to learn.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

[1]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000022.asp

[...]

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Graham,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
Regarding on the question you mentioned, here are some of my understanding
and suggestion:

1. For formsauthentication, we can separate our web application into
multiple parts (sub folders) and set separate access protection on
different sections so that certain users/role can only access certain part
of the application. So for you scenario, we can consider define two roles ,
frontend user and backend admin, and admin can access those pages that
resides in the admin folder and front end user can access pages in other
normal application folders. We can put the front users and admins accounts
in the same database (by default), or creating two separate database/table
to store them. That's all ok within one single asp.net web application. So
I'm a bit unclear on the
=================
The 2 entities (Admins and Clients) are separate objects in the data model
(because of the completely different information pertaining to each), e.g a
client would never become an admin and vice versa.
=================

IMO, we don't care about whether a client is also an admin, we just apply
authorization setting for our web folder / pages so that those admin pages
can only be accessed by administrators while normal pages can only be
accessed by front client users.

2. For the TAbleAdapter, yes , when creating in asp.net 2.0 project, due to
the dynamic compile model, the code file will be put in the App_Code folder
and also can utilize the connectionStrings section in the web.config.
While in other Class Library project, the VS.NET ide will by default choose
to persiste the connectionStrings in the project assembly's settings data
and after compilation it is not possible to flexibly modify them. So
overcome this, currently we can use the following means;

Create the DataSet/TableAdapters in a separate Class library project, and
after we drag a TAble from the Server explorer and created the DataSet/
TableAdapter, we open the DataSet.Designer.cs file , locate the the
"InitConnection" function of the
xxxTableAdapter class, it is the method that initialize the TableAdapter's
connection property, it used to be something like:

private void InitConnection() {
this.m_connection = new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection();
this.m_connection.ConnectionString =
DSLibrary.Properties.Settings.Default.NorthwindConnectionString;
}

we can modify it to

private void InitConnection() {
Object obj =
System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.GetConfig("connectionStrings");
ConnectionStringsSection css = obj as ConnectionStringsSection;
string connstr =
css.ConnectionStrings["LocalNorthwindConnStr"].ConnectionString;
this.m_connection = new System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection();
this.m_connection.ConnectionString = connstr;

}

Thus, it'll retrieve the connectionstring from the current Application's
AppConfig(web.config for web app) and what we need to do in web application
is just provide the proper connectionstring in app.config/web.config file.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

--------------------
> [...]
within both websites app_code directories).
| Now you might be asking "why not have the DataSet in the Businesslogic or
Data Access layers?". One reason - You have to have the DB connection
string hardcoded into it, because it cant access the web.config from either
of these layers. I understand that. But I havent found a way to set the
connection string programatically nor does the DataSet compile if the
ConnectionString property of each TableAdapter is set to "none".
| Answers?
| In short I would like to know if there is either:
| A way to have multiple types of formsauthentication in a single
website (and how); or
| How I can have a shard DataSet somewhere out of a website so that it
can be accessed by both websites.
| I hope this makes sense and thank anyone that can provide me with any

Graham

Steven,
Thanks for your help. I managed to fix the DataSet problem. I put it into my
Businesslogic layer and added a method for returning the connectionstring.
It seems to work as expected.

For the formsauthentication problem:
Each entity is a separate table in the DB therefore if I was to have the
entire solution in one website I could only use one
authorisation/authentication method (one login page). This page would then
need to check the given credentials against both DB tables in order to give
them access to their available areas. This is further complicated by the
fact that administrators have certian roles and clients do not.
I hope this makes sense to you, I initially wanted the login pages separate
because I see there is a distinct difference between administrators, clients
and each of the secured areas.

Thank you for your help once again.
Graham

,
> [...]

| Now you might be asking "why not have the DataSet in the Businesslogic
or
Data Access layers?". One reason - You have to have the DB connection
string hardcoded into it, because it cant access the web.config from
either
of these layers. I understand that. But I havent found a way to set the
connection string programatically nor does the DataSet compile if the
ConnectionString property of each TableAdapter is set to "none".
| Answers?
| In short I would like to know if there is either:
| A way to have multiple types of formsauthentication in a single
website (and how); or
| How I can have a shard DataSet somewhere out of a website so that it
can be accessed by both websites.
| I hope this makes sense and thank anyone that can provide me with any

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your response Graham,

Yes, if the different users's account data are reside in separate table, we
need to query both tables when performing the logon(authentication). And
ASP.NET applicaiton's formsauthentication only allows single default login
page. If you're wanting to build separate login UI for different users
(client and admin), I think you can consider put a front login UI in the
default login page and let the user to choice login type, login as a normal
client user or login as an administrator, then redirect them to the actual
concrete detailed login page according to their choice and perform the
actual login/authentication code logic. How do you think of this? And for
roles, it doesn't matter whether users are from which table, we just query
the roles from database and assigned to the logon user.

Anyway, since your scenario is different from the common one, we need to
manually add some additional code rather than simply use the default
membership wizard to generate all the work.

> [...]

Businesslogic
| > or
| > Data Access layers?". One reason - You have to have the DB connection
| > string hardcoded into it, because it cant access the web.config from
| > either
| > of these layers. I understand that. But I havent found a way to set the
| > connection string programatically nor does the DataSet compile if the
| > ConnectionString property of each TableAdapter is set to "none".
| > | Answers?
| > | In short I would like to know if there is either:
| > | A way to have multiple types of formsauthentication in a single
| > website (and how); or
| > | How I can have a shard DataSet somewhere out of a website so that
it
| > can be accessed by both websites.
| > | I hope this makes sense and thank anyone that can provide me with any
| > |

Graham

Steven,
Regarding letting users choose their login type:
I do not think that it is a viable option letting an end user select what
login type they want to try, In most of my experience end users can not be
trusted.

From your explanation it sounds like you can have multiple separate
formsauthentication methods per website. Is that correct? If so an
explanation on how to implement would solve all my problems.
Otherwise I think I will continue with splitting up the frontend and teh
admin backend into two separate websites.
Thanks for your ongoing support.

Graham

Steven Cheng said:
> [...]

| > or
| > Data Access layers?". One reason - You have to have the DB connection
| > string hardcoded into it, because it cant access the web.config from
| > either
| > of these layers. I understand that. But I havent found a way to set
the
| > connection string programatically nor does the DataSet compile if the
| > ConnectionString property of each TableAdapter is set to "none".
| > | Answers?
| > | In short I would like to know if there is either:
| > | A way to have multiple types of formsauthentication in a single
| > website (and how); or
| > | How I can have a shard DataSet somewhere out of a website so
that
it
| > can be accessed by both websites.
| > | I hope this makes sense and thank anyone that can provide me with
| > |

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your reply. If provide multiple login UI on the single LOGIN
page is not acceptable, I'm afraid it would be hard to achieve multiple
login in the single application. Though we can manually do the
FormsAuthentication so as to validate the user from both the two database,
we're still limited to one login page per application. So if the admin
pages and normal users page haven't much cross related application data or
states need to share, you can consider separate them into two application
that'll make development much easier(using the buildin membership service
and VS.NET ide design-time support can save much time).

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Asp.Net 2.0 Multiple Application Solutions
| Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:30:38 +1300
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Steven,
| Regarding letting users choose their login type:
| I do not think that it is a viable option letting an end user select what
| login type they want to try, In most of my experience end users can not
be
| trusted.
|
| From your explanation it sounds like you can have multiple separate
| formsauthentication methods per website. Is that correct? If so an
| explanation on how to implement would solve all my problems.
| Otherwise I think I will continue with splitting up the frontend and teh
| admin backend into two separate websites.
| Thanks for your ongoing support.
|
| Graham
|
| | > Thanks for your response Graham,
| >
| > Yes, if the different users's account data are reside in separate
table,
| > we
| > need to query both tables when performing the logon(authentication).
And
| > ASP.NET applicaiton's formsauthentication only allows single default
login
| > page. If you're wanting to build separate login UI for different users
| > (client and admin), I think you can consider put a front login UI in the
| > default login page and let the user to choice login type, login as a
| > normal
| > client user or login as an administrator, then redirect them to the
actual
| > concrete detailed login page according to their choice and perform the
| > actual login/authentication code logic. How do you think of this? And
| > for
| > roles, it doesn't matter whether users are from which table, we just
query
| > the roles from database and assigned to the logon user.
| >
| > Anyway, since your scenario is different from the common one, we need to
| > manually add some additional code rather than simply use the default
| > membership wizard to generate all the work.
| >
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support
| >
| > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Re: Asp.Net 2.0 Multiple Application Solutions
| > | Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:20:10 +1300
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > 0.phx.gbl
| > |
| > | Steven,
| > | Thanks for your help. I managed to fix the DataSet problem. I put it
| > into
| > my
| > | Businesslogic layer and added a method for returning the
| > connectionstring.
| > | It seems to work as expected.
| > |
| > | For the formsauthentication problem:
| > | Each entity is a separate table in the DB therefore if I was to have
the
| > | entire solution in one website I could only use one
| > | authorisation/authentication method (one login page). This page would
| > then
| > | need to check the given credentials against both DB tables in order to
| > give
| > | them access to their available areas. This is further complicated by
the
| > | fact that administrators have certian roles and clients do not.
| > | I hope this makes sense to you, I initially wanted the login pages
| > separate
| > | because I see there is a distinct difference between administrators,
| > clients
| > | and each of the secured areas.
| > |
| > | Thank you for your help once again.
| > | Graham
| > |

| > understanding

| > part
| > roles
| > that
| > other
| > database/table
| > application.
| > So
| > model
| > e.g

| > apply
| > pages

| > due
| > data

| > and
| > DataSet/
| > TableAdapter's

System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.GetConfig("connectionStrings");

| > Application's
| > file.

TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP1
| > client.
| > their
| > frontend
| > log
| > Clients)
| > admin
| > because
| > released
| > both
| > in
| > having
| > make
| > or
| > DataSet
| > having
| > dataset
| > Businesslogic
| > the
| > that
| > it
| > any
| > | > |

| > |
| > |
| > |

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Graham,

How are you going on this issue? If there're anything else we can help,
please feel free to post here.
Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:35:24 GMT
| Subject: Re: Asp.Net 2.0 Multiple Application Solutions
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi Graham,
|
| Thanks for your reply. If provide multiple login UI on the single LOGIN
| page is not acceptable, I'm afraid it would be hard to achieve multiple
| login in the single application. Though we can manually do the
| FormsAuthentication so as to validate the user from both the two
database,
| we're still limited to one login page per application. So if the admin
| pages and normal users page haven't much cross related application data
or
| states need to share, you can consider separate them into two application
| that'll make development much easier(using the buildin membership service
| and VS.NET ide design-time support can save much time).
|
| Thanks,
|
| Steven Cheng
| Microsoft Online Support

| rights.)
|
| --------------------
| | From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Re: Asp.Net 2.0 Multiple Application Solutions
| | Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:30:38 +1300
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| 4.phx.gbl
| |
| | Steven,
| | Regarding letting users choose their login type:
| | I do not think that it is a viable option letting an end user select
what
| | login type they want to try, In most of my experience end users can not
| be
| | trusted.
| |
| | From your explanation it sounds like you can have multiple separate
| | formsauthentication methods per website. Is that correct? If so an
| | explanation on how to implement would solve all my problems.
| | Otherwise I think I will continue with splitting up the frontend and
teh
| | admin backend into two separate websites.
| | Thanks for your ongoing support.
| |
| | Graham
| |

| | > Yes, if the different users's account data are reside in separate
| table,
| | > we
| | > need to query both tables when performing the logon(authentication).
| And
| | > ASP.NET applicaiton's formsauthentication only allows single default
| login
| | > page. If you're wanting to build separate login UI for different users
| | > (client and admin), I think you can consider put a front login UI in
the
| | > default login page and let the user to choice login type, login as a
| | > normal
| | > client user or login as an administrator, then redirect them to the
| actual
| | > concrete detailed login page according to their choice and perform the
| | > actual login/authentication code logic. How do you think of this?
And
| | > for
| | > roles, it doesn't matter whether users are from which table, we just
| query
| | > the roles from database and assigned to the logon user.
| | >
| | > Anyway, since your scenario is different from the common one, we need
| | > manually add some additional code rather than simply use the default
| | > membership wizard to generate all the work.
| | >
| | > Thanks,
| | >
| | > Steven Cheng
| | > Microsoft Online Support
| | >
| | > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
| | >

| | > --------------------

TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP1
| | > 0.phx.gbl
| | > into
| | > my
| | > connectionstring.
| | > |
| the
| | > then
| | > give
| the
| | > separate
| | > clients
| | > |
| | > |

| | > understanding

| certain
| | > part
| | > roles
| | > that
| | > other
| | > database/table
| | > application.
| | > So
| | > model
| each),
| | > e.g

| | > apply
| | > pages
| be

| | > due
App_Code
| web.config.
| | > data
So

| project,
| | > and
| | > DataSet/
| | > TableAdapter's

| System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.GetConfig("connectionStrings");

| | > Application's
app.config/web.config
| | > file.

TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP1
| and
| | > adds
| | > client.
| and
| | > their
| | > frontend
| can
| | > log
| | > Clients)
| | > admin
| | > because
| | > released
| | > both
| methods) I
| directory
| | > in
| | > having
| | > make
| for
| idea)
| | > or
| | > DataSet
| | > having
| | > dataset
| | > Businesslogic
| connection
| | > the
| the
| single
| | > that
| | > it
| | > any
| | > | > |

| | > |
| | > |
| | > |

| |
| |
| |

Graham

Hey,
Sorry, completely forgot to say thanks. All those issues have been fixed.
Thanks for all your help.

Graham

Steven Cheng said:
Hi Graham,

How are you going on this issue? If there're anything else we can help,
please feel free to post here.
Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:35:24 GMT
| Subject: Re: Asp.Net 2.0 Multiple Application Solutions
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi Graham,
|
| Thanks for your reply. If provide multiple login UI on the single LOGIN
| page is not acceptable, I'm afraid it would be hard to achieve multiple
| login in the single application. Though we can manually do the
| FormsAuthentication so as to validate the user from both the two
database,
| we're still limited to one login page per application. So if the
admin
| pages and normal users page haven't much cross related application data
or
| states need to share, you can consider separate them into two
application
| that'll make development much easier(using the buildin membership
service
| and VS.NET ide design-time support can save much time).
|
| Thanks,
|
| Steven Cheng
| Microsoft Online Support

| rights.)
|
| --------------------
| | From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Re: Asp.Net 2.0 Multiple Application Solutions
| | Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:30:38 +1300
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| 4.phx.gbl
| |
| | Steven,
| | Regarding letting users choose their login type:
| | I do not think that it is a viable option letting an end user select
what
| | login type they want to try, In most of my experience end users can
not
| be
| | trusted.
| |
| | From your explanation it sounds like you can have multiple separate
| | formsauthentication methods per website. Is that correct? If so an
| | explanation on how to implement would solve all my problems.
| | Otherwise I think I will continue with splitting up the frontend and
teh
| | admin backend into two separate websites.
| | Thanks for your ongoing support.
| |
| | Graham
| |

| | > Yes, if the different users's account data are reside in separate
| table,
| | > we
| | > need to query both tables when performing the logon(authentication).
| And
| | > ASP.NET applicaiton's formsauthentication only allows single default
| login
| | > page. If you're wanting to build separate login UI for different
users
| | > (client and admin), I think you can consider put a front login UI in
the
| | > default login page and let the user to choice login type, login as a
| | > normal
| | > client user or login as an administrator, then redirect them to the
| actual
| | > concrete detailed login page according to their choice and perform
the
| | > actual login/authentication code logic. How do you think of this?
And
| | > for
| | > roles, it doesn't matter whether users are from which table, we just
| query
| | > the roles from database and assigned to the logon user.
| | >
| | > Anyway, since your scenario is different from the common one, we
need
| | > manually add some additional code rather than simply use the default
| | > membership wizard to generate all the work.
| | >
| | > Thanks,
| | >
| | > Steven Cheng
| | > Microsoft Online Support
| | >
| | > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
| | >

| | > --------------------

TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP1
| | > 0.phx.gbl
| | > into
| | > my
| | > connectionstring.
| | > |
| the
| | > then
order
| | > give
| the
| | > separate
| | > clients
| | > |
| | > |
message

| | > understanding

| certain
| | > part
| | > roles
| | > that
| | > other
| | > database/table
| | > application.
| | > So
| | > model
| each),
| | > e.g

| | > apply
| | > pages
| be

| | > due
App_Code
| web.config.
| | > data
them.
So

| project,
| | > and
| | > DataSet/
| | > TableAdapter's

System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.GetConfig("connectionStrings");

| | > Application's
app.config/web.config
| | > file.

TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP1
Controls
| and
| | > adds
| | > client.
| and
| | > their
The
| | > frontend
| can
| | > log
| | > Clients)
| | > admin
| | > because
| | > released
| | > both
| methods) I
| directory
| | > in
| | > having
| | > make
| for
| idea)
| | > or
| | > DataSet
| | > having
| | > dataset
| | > Businesslogic
| connection
| | > the
| the
| single
| | > that
| | > it
| | > any
| | > | > |

| | > |
| | > |
| | > |

| |
| |
| |

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your followup Graham,

Really glad that you've already overcome that problem and continue your
work. If there're any further questions in the furture, please feel free to
post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Asp.Net 2.0 Multiple Application Solutions
| Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:39:25 +1300
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hey,
| Sorry, completely forgot to say thanks. All those issues have been fixed.
| Thanks for all your help.
|
| Graham
|
| | > Hi Graham,
| >
| > How are you going on this issue? If there're anything else we can help,
| > please feel free to post here.
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| > --------------------
| > | From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| > | Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:35:24 GMT
| > | Subject: Re: Asp.Net 2.0 Multiple Application Solutions
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | Hi Graham,
| > |
| > | Thanks for your reply. If provide multiple login UI on the single
LOGIN
| > | page is not acceptable, I'm afraid it would be hard to achieve
multiple
| > | login in the single application. Though we can manually do the
| > | FormsAuthentication so as to validate the user from both the two
| > database,
| > | we're still limited to one login page per application. So if the
| > admin
| > | pages and normal users page haven't much cross related application
data
| > or
| > | states need to share, you can consider separate them into two
| > application
| > | that'll make development much easier(using the buildin membership
| > service
| > | and VS.NET ide design-time support can save much time).
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > |
| > | Steven Cheng
| > | Microsoft Online Support
| > |
| > | Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
| > | (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
| > | rights.)
| > |
| > | --------------------

TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP1
| > | 4.phx.gbl
| > what
| > not
| > | be
| > | |
| > teh
| > | |
| > | |

| > | table,
logon(authentication).
| > | And
| > | login
| > users
| > the
| > | actual
| > the
| > And
| > | query

| > need

| > |

TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP1
| > it
| > | | > |
| > have
| > | the
| > would
| > order
| > by
| > | the
| > administrators,
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > message

| > into
| > on
| > | certain
| > two
| > pages
| > in
| > admins
| > data
| > | each),

| > just
| > admin
| > only
| > | be

| > project,
| > App_Code
| > | web.config.
| > default
| > settings
| > them.
| > So

| > | project,
| > the

DSLibrary.Properties.Settings.Default.NorthwindConnectionString;

| > |

System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.GetConfig("connectionStrings");
ConnectionStringsSection;

css.ConnectionStrings["LocalNorthwindConnStr"].ConnectionString;

| > app.config/web.config

| > |

TK2MSFTNGXA02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP1
| > Controls
| > | and
| > and
| > norm"