ASP.NET and MAC IE problems

George

All,

I have seen several posting in here about this but I have not
found one with a clear enough answer to fix my problem. Same old same
old.. ASP.NEt app renders fine on IE 6 however on MAC IE, it does not.
I have interegated the useragent option of the httprequest header and
got the following information:

User Agent:Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.23; Mac_PowerPC) User
Browser Version:5.23

Now I have seen the clienttarget attribute and the uplevel option
within it. I have also seen the browsercaps information. I need to
understand what each of these do each of these work exactly and what
if any interaction is there between the items.

Also, if anyone knows of some more or less master file that exists
that contains all the needed information an ASP.Net application to run
effectivly across say all uplevel browser, that would be great.

JiangZemin

George said:
[...]

ASP.NET is not a magic bullet to solve MAC IE HTML issues. As far as i
know, there is no ASP.NET setting that can be switched on to make MAC IE
issues go away. There is no master file anywhere which contains all
information on how to make ASP.NET sites work across all uplevel browsers.
Unfortunately if you are forced to fully support MAC IE (meaning users must
see nearly exact same look-and-feel) , then you will probably be spending a
disproportionate amt of your time dealing with MAC IE bugs and "quirks".
This can be avoided a little bit by keeping things as simple as possible and
following standards (except the standards that MAC IE doesnt follow). This
would be the case even if you werent using ASP.NET.

If you could post specific HTML or jscript which is not rendering correctly
in MAC IE, that may be helpful.