ASP.NET application slowing down

Andy Oakey

We have written an ASP.NET application in VB connecting to a SQL
Server database. It is run across an internal network at a client
site, with around 30 users on the site. They open the application each
morning an over the course of the day it gets slower and slower. If
they close IE, open a new browser window and re-enter the application
it's fast again, but slows down over time.

Anybody know what could cause this? All our data connections, data
readers and datasets are closed when not in use, and our code is
pretty tight. I can't see how such a small number of users can slow a
site to a crawl.

Many thanks
Andy

S. Justin Gengo

Andy,

Look into page and fragment caching.

That's the fastest way to speed up a site.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer