ASP.NET authorization and NTFS

Mohamed Zaki

Dear All,

I'm facing a strange problem, I've an ASP.NET web application that contains
an admin folder, in this folder the access should be restricted to specific
users, as i'm using windows authentication and using impersonation
(<identity impersonate="true" />) i've applied NTFS permissions over the
admin folder, but all users still access the files within this folder!!,
when the users type the folder (http://testapp/admin) only they get the
username and password dialog , but if they typed
(http://testapp/admin/admin.aspx) they get the page properly. ?!

This web server also have SPS2003 installed.

Please advise.

Regards,
Mohamed

Nicole Calinoiu

Mohamed,

When you restricted the NTFS permissions on the folder, did you propagate
the new permissions to the existing files in the folder? If not, the
behaviour you are seeing is probably to be expected.

HTH,
Nicole