ASP .NET Datagrid Post Back

nschiffelbein

Hi,

I have a datagrid containing about 250 items. I need these items to
viewable on a single page for printing purposes as well as viewing
purposes. At the same time I need each row to be editable. The problem
I'm running into is that when you click the edit button the page posts
back to make the selected row editable, placing you at the top of the
page. I'm looking to "jump" or "move" the user back to the row they
selected to edit. I thought I might be able to accomplish this with a
hidden column containing anchors but then you have to redirect the user
to this "new" page with the anchor id resulting in yet another
postback. Any idea's on how to accomplish this would be greatly
appreciated.

Nick

Marc Castrechini

Try putting MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback ="True" in your page tag.

- Marc

nschiffelbein

Thank you sooo much for your response. Since I'm using the 1.1
framework I have to use Smartnavigation="true" instead, but your
response led me to this answer. MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback="true"
is new to the 2.0 framework.