ASP .NET dll question

T McDonald

I might be in the wrong forum for this question, as it deals with ASP and
..NET dll as opposed with strickly ASP.NET.

I've been having some issues getting a dll created with .NET 2.0 to register
on a remote machine and using the class with an ASP script. I am able to
register the dll on my local machine and access it with a standard ASP file
without too many issues.

Could somoene guide me through steps that would register a dll on a machine
where it was not built.

On my own machine I need to create a key
sn -k mykey.key
build dll
install in GAC - gacutil /i mydll.dll
then install in registry regasm /tlb mydll.dll

I try steps two and three on the remote computer. I get a response that the
assembly is registered, but the response from the web attempt fails to find
the object.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Did you restart IIS. With traditional COM, you have to restart the process,
as an earlier attempted call will lock things up. In some instances, you
even have to restart the entire service.

T McDonald

Thanks for the response.

I did restart both. No success. I notice that when I drop my test
application I built with the dll on the remote server, it cannot find the
dll's contents either.

I've also followed MS suggestions about creating a COM from here:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x66s8zcd(VS.80).aspx without
improved results. The dll is written in VB.Net if that makes any difference.

Again, any further insight is appreciated.