ASP.NET paging help

Guest

Hello friends, i'm bit confused about paging in ASP.NET pls tell me how can i
do paging my database results in ASP.NET without using Datagrid server
control pls help me out.
Thanks
Bye

gaidar

You can page records manually.

You should use specialized SQL query:

-- selects 10 records depend on pager_id
Select top 10 * from MyTable where id > pager_id * 10

And provide links like:
<< 1 | 2 | 3 >> where href = mypage.aspx?page=1 (or 2, 3)

And get page parameter from QueryString property of Request object (that
will be your pager_id variable).

Gaidar

Elton Wang

Follwing sql query gives paging result (5 records for each
page):

SELECT Top 5 * FROM table_name WHERE pk_field > @pk_id
ORDER BY pk_field

HTH